After the research stage, it's important to revisit the concepts created to determine what the results of our work produced. Now that we have additional data, we can go through our first sorting stage.
During this stage, concepts will be discarded or modified if:
- They overlap existing patents.
- The products are readily available for sale and publicly disclosed.
- They are too far outside the client's product-line.
- They are too far outside the client's capabilities.
- They would require too much design time and would inhibit progress on other products.
- Raw materials do not exist yet.